Spicer Art Conservation, LLC specializes in the treatment of organic materials from decorative and ethnographic collections. Museum-quality services are available to historic agencies, private individuals and businesses in a fully equipped conservation laboratory. All services are customized to the client's needs and concerns that may include working along side other conservation specialists.
Artifacts treated include the following:
Samplers, Theorems, Embroideries, and other Fancy Work
Dolls, Baskets & Fans
Costumes, Uniforms & Accessories
Flags & Banners Conservation
Leather & Skin Artifacts
Wall Coverings & Theater Curtains
Works of Art on Paper including water colors, prints, pastels, documents and drawings.
Lace & Whitework
Carriages & Wagons
Quilts & Coverlets
Christening & Wedding Dresses
Carpets & Rugs
Interested in having your artifacts treated? Spicer Art Conservation, LLC follows an ordered method of processing to ensure your artifacts receive the exact treatment they need and are also completed in a timely manner. Here's a list of what happens from start to finish:
1. Client calls to set up an appointment.
2. The artifact is brought to the lab for initial assessment, unless it is oversize or not easily transported. In those cases travel to the client may be necessary.
3. A proposal for treatment is written with both the estimated labor time needed to complete the treatment and estimated cost of materials.
4. A copy of the treatment proposal is sent to the client for confirmation. A small fee for this work is charged.
5. The client will return the signed proposal with an initial deposit - no treatment is begun without a signed proposal.
6. Treatments begin in the order which they are received.
Site visit consultations incur a small fee, plus travel expenses.